Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PonyCon: Matt Cutts Loves Ponies

The shocking thing about PubCon this year was that a little pink pony took PubCon over all by itself. Kristy Ann Bolsinger, Magical Mistress of the Pony, said PubCon was basically "PonyCon".

The PonyCon pictures are a who's who of the search and social media industry. Dozens of bigwigs loved the pony. Some were baffled by it.

Matt Cutts managed to get into the most pony pictures. I guess he likes cats AND ponies.

Yes I started the pony meme, but it's out of my control now. The pony has its own Twitter profile, for goshbajeezy's sake.

The pony story began in the twitter bios of Brian Carter and Kristy Ann Bolsinger.

I said I was giving away free ponies, and she said she loved ponies. I said I couldn't bring her pony. She was sad. (Read the pony tweet history here.)

So, I bought a pony here at the Vegas airport. (I asked the lady "What's your cheapest pony-related item?")

Note the neon so bright it's unreadable. And I gave the pony away during my pubcon presentation ("The Social Media Trifecta" during the Big Sexy Buzz panel).

Here's how I announced it, the second to last slide in my powerpoint deck:

"Pony time" is not like Borat's "sexy time"...

...because it was announced during a Big Sexy Buzz presentation given by me, so that whole time was sexy. Of course.

Pony time was ponier, not sexier, than the rest of the time.

I ran a contest so that ANYBODY had equal chance to win the pony. All you had to do was have a name that sounds like MOLSINGER.

And, amazingly, Kristy Ann Bolsinger won!

So amazing things happened for Kristy Ann and the pony...

They met Google Monolith Matt Cutts and Pubcon originator Brett Tabke.

Matt and Brett enjoyed meeting the pony and talking about its hopes and dreams.

Kristy Ann is the guardian of those dreams, and will be ensuring pony dreaminess for years to come.

Brett and Matt discovered that have pony presenting skills heretofore undiscovered. Note their symmetrical hand presentation.




Ok, enough exposition, here's a bunch of fun pony photos:


Rand Fiskin + mozPony


Bruce Clay + SEO Pony


Lee Odden + BigListPony


OilyPony + Todd Friesen


Stephan Spencer knows something special about the pony.


Bunny + Pony


Jane talks to the pony in a funny accent.


Graywolf loves him some Whitepony


Brent Payne (lookin like a bad mofo) + BigWatahPony


PamPony + MadPony


ShelPony + PolkPony + MoPony


LoneStarPony + lotsa love from Brandy and Manda


LuebPony


ShoePony

















Pony Progenitors

And that's just a few of the pony pictures- we'll release the rest later this week for full perusal and ponyjoyment.

AND EVIDENTLY, SOME DRUNK GUY KILLED KRISTY ANN'S CAMERA SO IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS MISSING, BLAME THE RANDOM DRUNK GUY.

Bye!

No comments: